Campus Connections-College Support Program
- Apply to and Get Admitted to the Higher Education Institution of Student’s Choice
- Complete Online Student Application Located on Our Campus Connections Page
- Upload Supporting Documentation via Online Student Application or Email: CCApply@bloomconsultingco.com
- A copy of the student’s most recent, completed, psychological evaluation (preferably within the last 3 years). The evaluation should include a diagnosis; academic levels in reading, writing, and math; any mental health concerns (anxiety, depression, etc.); and possible communication/processing challenges the student may have.
- Unofficial transcript(s) from high school and any previous college(s)/university(ies).
- After Online Student Application and all Supporting Documentation are fully submitted and complete, a member of our team will contact you to schedule an official interview. At this interview, we will confirm all of the information submitted, provide additional program information, and ask the student a set of questions to ensure they are a good fit for our program and level of support.
What is Campus Connections:
Our innovative program is designed to support neurodiverse college students with various disabilities as they attend the post-secondary institution of their choice through either in-person or virtual support. Our team uses the Wraparound Planning Process and the Birkman Method Assessment to build an individualized support team, which pairs each student with a Connections Coach who provides mentoring, guidance, and navigational support. This relationship empowers students to problem solve their concerns more effectively and efficiently while also fostering informed choice and greater self-advocacy.
Our program model includes:
- Initial and Ongoing Career Assessment focused on Student Strengths, Interest, and Career Goals
- Monthly Wraparound Meetings with their coach which may include their parents, VR Counselor, DRC staff, other university support staff, and really any other support person the student chooses to invite
- Group Skills Training/Activities will be offered each week via in-person or virtual delivery focused on Soft Skills, Team Building, Time Management, Organization, Planning, and Career Development.
- Weekly 1-on-1 Scheduled Support Session with Coach
- Additional As-Needed Support at Student Request Delivered In-Person or Via Phone, Text, or Video Call
- Work Experience Training Opportunity in their degree area arranged by our staff
- Internship Opportunity in their degree area arranged by our staff
- Post-Graduation Job Placement Referrals and Support
Support can be provided to undergraduate and graduate students via virtual delivery nationwide and in-person support delivery in the Austin, Houston, Las Vegas, Reno, and Carson City metro areas.
Our institutional launch partners for Fall 2021 include Concordia University-Texas, Sam Houston State University-Texas, University of Nevada-Las Vegas, College of Southern Nevada, University of Nevada-Reno, Western Nevada College, and Truckee Meadows Community College-Nevada.
Available for Undergraduate College Freshman through Graduate School Completion
Cost: $1000 per month Private-Pay or Contact Your Texas/Nevada VR Counselor to Discuss Sponsorship
To begin the VR application process in your state, please click the links below: