Bloom Consulting provides comprehensive vocational evaluation and planning services, utilizing age-appropriate, peer-reviewed methodology to evaluate, plan, and facilitate the most meaningfully independent life possible for a person with a disability. These can be done on behalf of schools, advocates, attorneys, parents, adults, and any other professional. A unique aspect of our services is that all of our graduate-level staff have backgrounds in public education and post-secondary transition which allows them to understand the context and importance of providing appropriate transition services in today’s public and private schools.
We provide recommendations and goals in the following areas
- Higher Education (College, University, & Technical School)
- Employment (Full-Time, Part-Time, or Contract)
- Independent Living
- Social Skills
- Financial Planning
- Benefits Planning (Social Security)
- Executive Functioning
- Academic Skills
Examples of Instruments
- Career and Occupational Preference System (All Ages)
- COPS Interest Test
- CAPS Abilities Test
- COPES Values Test
- The VARK Learning Styles Questionnaire (All Ages)
- Barkley Deficits in Executive Functioning Scale-BDEFS (All Ages)
- Wide Range Achievement Test-WRAT-4 (All Ages)
- Checklist of Adaptive Living Skills-CALS (All Ages)
- Vocational Social Skills Checklist (All Ages)
- The Enderle-Severson Transition Rating Scale-ESTR (Transition-Age Students Only)
- Becker Work Adjustment Profile–Second Edition-BWAP-2 (Transition-Age Students Only)
- Purdue Pegboard Assessment (All Ages)
- Complete Minnesota Manual Dexterity Test (All Ages)
- Transferable Skills Analysis (All Ages)
- Functional Capacity Checklist (All Ages)
- Labor Market Survey (All Ages)
- Community-Based Situational Work Assessment (Customized to Each Examinee)
- Reading-Free Vocational Interest Inventory–Second Edition-R-FVII:2 (For Low or Non-Verbal Examinees)
- The evaluation and report writing will be done by a team of fully licensed and/or certified, graduate-level professionals with expertise in Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work, Psychotherapy, Special Education, Transition Planning, Forensic Rehabilitation, and Human Resources. In addition, all evaluators have extensive, recent experience in Job Placement and specific knowledge of local Job Market Trends and Availability.
Delivery of Evaluation Results
- Results will be delivered to all parties via email within 4-6 weeks following the administration of the evaluation.
- Click here for an example evaluation.
Cost of Evaluation Services
- Varies based upon the needs of the evaluee and the instruments used. However, we are a vendor for TWC-VRS so some evaluation(s) may be covered by them.
- Travel cost is assessed on a case-by-case basis depending on the location of the examinee and the accessibility of the testing location.
- Additional fees may be assessed for short-notice cancellation and/or any additional assessments requested.
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Vocational Evaluation
- Vocational Consultation
- Vocational Program Planning
- Job Placement
- Transferable Skills Analysis
- Worker’s Compensation
- Social Security
- Case Management
- Labor Market Analysis/Survey
- Job Analysis
- Return to Work
- Job Seeking Skills Training
- Employer Consultations
- ADA Compliance
- Career Counseling
Independent Educational Evaluations (IEEs)
As part of our comprehensive vocational evaluation services, we also offer independent educational evaluations (IEEs), funded both privately and through school districts. Whether through high-quality training, program design & consultation, vocational evaluation, or individualized services, our goal is to support schools in providing appropriate transition services that not only ensure compliance, but also lead to better student achievement. Parents, students, or educators may feel the school could be doing more, but they’re not sure what “more” is or how the IEP team can evaluate the student’s preparedness for post-secondary employment, education, or independent living. Our services exist specifically for this reason. We want to empower individuals, families, IEP teams, administrators, advocates, and attorneys with high-quality data allowing them to make fully-informed decisions about the future.
At Bloom Consulting, we are vocational experts, which means that we serve as an independent expert-level advisor to you and have extensive knowledge of all areas where disability and employment meet including vocational strategies, industries, job markets, and occupational information. We also have expertise in Social Security Disability determinations and our knowledge can help you with your application process in obtaining benefits and understanding how those benefits may be affected by work earnings.
In addition, our evaluation team consists of Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC) which mean that they have Master’s level education and training specific to individuals with disabilities and are considered the experts in planning for post-secondary success in employment, education, and independent living. This means that they have specialized knowledge in employment laws and their impact on people with disabilities.